This is the second time I’ve typed this post. I’m sure you know how that goes. I’m going to make some coffee and cool down. One mo.
I’ve been inspired. (Love it when that happens!) This Minimalist Wardrobe Challenge has enticed me to change up everything else in my life. It’s time to take control. Out with the bad, in with the good, Carpe Diem. :)
My inspiration stems from moderparentsmessykids‘ project “Organize Your Entire Life.” If you’ve never browsed MPMK’s site, DO IT! It’s an amazing, seemingly bottomless well of info on how to be organized and insanely efficient. I love it. :)
So here are my goals:
- Create a schedule that includes daily/weekly/monthly/yearly goals and a game plan for meeting them.
- Weed out anything and everything that isn’t functional. Transition to digital as much as possible, doing away with hard copies of paperwork and photos. Organize the living daylights out of my tech (computer, tablet, phone, and external hard drive.)
- Build a budget that includes plans for paying off debt, saving money for both short-term treats and long-term projects, and focuses on living on as little as possible.
- Design a 30 day meal plan that fits the diabetic hubby’s nutrition needs and doesn’t stretch the new budget.
- Establish (and learn to follow) an amazing workout plan.
- Create an emergency packet for the firebox that includes essential documents, contacts, photos, and some emergency cash.
Obviously, these are out of order. I’ll start with the goals and schedule. Everything else should follow suit fairly easily once that’s in place. Stay tuned! And please, for the love, post ideas in the comments if you have any! I’d love to hear thoughts and success stories from anyone out there who has done something similar.